A power plant doesn’t have energy,
it makes energy.
We all have those people we admire (ok, we hate) that seem to have endless amounts of energy. We think that they’re special in some way and wish that we could have that same amount of stamina ourselves. We see them able to attack every situation with a drive that requires endless amounts of power. We put ourselves down without knowing it by saying that we’ll never be like them and that we’re giving all we can, but we just don’t have enough.
The funny thing is that no one “has” that energy automatically. We all have the same capability for creating that power within us, it’s just a matter of finding ways to make it.
So, how can you make more energy for all the important areas of your life? Here’s a couple, share your own as well.
- Learning something new
- Experiencing new things
- Staying healthy & exercising
- Setting goals
- Measuring progress against those goals
- Choosing jobs you want to be in
- Seeing an idea all the way through
- Being grateful
- Standing up for what you believe in
- Looking for new jobs or clients when you are tired of the current ones
- Looking for new ways to increase your responsibility at work or with clients
- Recognizing & rewarding others
- Giving credit
- Paying someone to do the things you hate (like filing your taxes or raking leaves)
- Volunteering for a charity
- Stopping by a friend’s house
- Hand writing letters instead of emails
- Automating what can be automated
- Reading books, not status updates
- Following the Holstee Manifesto
- Taking a vacation, without technology
- Taking the time to look into your significant other’s eyes while you talk
Do the right things and the energy to do all things will follow.